“Support candidates who encourage love, not killings”
IF NONE IS LOVE SUPPORTER THEN CHOOSE ‘NOTA’ BUTTON
Call helpline 09313550006 / 09313784375 for clarifications.
Does the Assembly election candidate of your area support love marriages? Or is he in favour of honour killings? Candidates fighting the elections are being asked to answer such questions by supporters of ‘Love Commandos’. Love Commandos, supports love marriages and condemns honour killings, had urged residents to ask candidates their views on love before casting votes in their favour.
According to early reports from Chhatisgarh all political parties and candidates are refraining from answering or rushing away from question scenes. Such questions will be asked to leaders and candidates in all the five poll going states, as Love Commandos has appealed to all lovers in Chhatisgarh, MP, Rajasthan, Delhi too.
“If they support love marriage and are against honour killing, only then should they be voted to power, because otherwise they can be dangerous to the society and the nation”. Feels Love Commandos, and thousands of our volunteers are in the field for the cause.
Love Commandos wants all political parties to spell out their stand on love affairs, love marriages and protection of lovers’ rights in their election manifestoes, as all political parties are maintain a criminal silence of the issue. The Love Commandos has been supporting lovers and helping them get married for the past few years along with providing free shelter to those under threats.
Love Commandos appeals to the young voters in the Country to maintain distance from political parties that did not include their “basic problem, the love problem” in their manifestoes. At the same time when are concerned that the Election Commission of India has to organize motivation drives to vote in the youth, for the reason that the percentage of youth in voting has been falling down in past elections. We appeal to all those going to polling booths to choose “NOTA” (None of the Above) button. The youth are facing threats from their families, the society and even the police, and political parties were maintaining a “criminal silence” on the issue. We urge voters to defeat all “anti-lover political parties and independents.
In the past Assembly elections in 5 states it was only Love Commandos that appealed the youth to use NOTA (None of the above) button. NOTA is last button in every EVM with a Pink Paper. On our appeal over 17 Lakh voters pressed NOTA in 5 states and now we appeal to the electorate all over India to use NOTA. This button is being used for the first time in General Elections for Lok Sabha in India.
Below is a charter of demands of the youth on the issues.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charter of Demands / Questions to candidates and leaders
- Whereas same-clan (Same Gotra) marriages are legal but some elements are opposing such marriages. Do you and your government approve of Same Gotra marriages and what steps are being taken to encourage that.
- As law should be equal for all hence, in how many days shall you bring a state amendment in Hindu Marriages Act section 5(iii) replacing word twenty-one years to eighteen years for the bridegroom, bringing India at par with the world.
- As law should be equal for all hence, in how many days shall you bring a state amendment in Hindu Marriages Act omitting section 5(iv) and 5(v) and replacing by “that the parties are not within the first blood, half blood or uterine blood relationship”, by omitting the provisions of spindas of each other relationship.
- As law should be equal for all hence, in how many days shall you bring a state amendment in Special Marriages Act section 4(c) replacing word twenty-one years to eighteen years for the male, bringing India at par with the world.
- As law should be equal for all hence, in how many days shall you bring a state amendment in Special Marriages Act omitting section 4(d) and replacing by “that the parties are not within the first blood, half blood or uterine blood relationship”, by omitting the provisions of spindas of each other relationship.
- In how many days the Delhi state Commission for Protection of Lover’s Rights shall be established and made fully operational with powers of a court to it.
- What steps does the Delhi government intend to take to promote inter caste and religious marriages and help such couples in the light of Hon’ble Supreme Court’s observations for a casteless society given in Criminal Appeal No. 958/2011.
- What steps the government of Delhi intends to take to prevent publication of invitation cards for marriages by the parents of the bride or bridegrooms as the provision of Guardianship from Marriages was omitted by the Parliament w.e.f. 01.10.1978.
- What steps the government of Delhi intends to take to stop ostentatious show, abuse and misuse of money power in arranged marriages and dowry.
- What steps the government of Delhi shall take to reserve jobs for inter caste, inter religion love couples including further making provisions of the reservation on the basis of either of the parent instead of father in the existing reservation system.
- How and where the memorials of love martyrs from the areas would be established.
- What action the party and candidate intends to take against those administrative and police officers who have objected to love relationships, including attacks of love couples in parks etc, including arrest and public trial of such responsible officials.
- What action the party and candidate intend to establish protection homes in each and every village, ward, area and in how many days.
- What action the party and candidate intends to take against the parents and families of females who get unlawfully detained at their homes, for the reason of their love.
- What other actions and policies the party and candidate have in store or mind for protection of lovers.